GLUTEN FREE BANANA BREAD
If you hate the word moist, you should just forget about ever making the best gluten-free banana bread there ever was, because… it’s MOIST AF.
You can’t have extra ripe bananas in the house and not use them for this banana bread, or really any banana bread for that matter. If you’re someone that has tried banana bread recipes time and time again, only to end up with a dry, sad excuse for a bread… look no further because this bread is extra banana-y (thanks to 4 bananas), MOIST and fluffy beyond a gluten-free eater’s belief.
1 1/2 cup Gluten-Free Flour (I used a blend of Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 and All-Purpose because I ran out)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pink himalayan sea salt (if you fancy)
3/4 cup light brown sugar
4 small extra ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup butter, melted (I used Earth Balance)
1/4 cup oil (I used grapeseed, again, don’t kill me)
1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Set oven to 350° and trim a sheet of parchment paper to fit the width of a bread pan. Grease the edges without parchment paper with butter.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Mash up all four bananas until ‘baby food like’. Add the melted butter, mix. Then add the oil, mix. Sugar next, mix. Egg, mix. Vanilla, mix.
4. Once all the wet ingredients are well incorporated, add the dry ingredients in an even layer atop the wet ones.
5. With a spatula, fold them into each other until you no longer see specks of the flour mixture. Do this in as few strokes as possible, as overmixing will result in a less MOIST consistency.
6. Bake for about 50 minutes. Let sit out and cool before slicing. (I know this is the hardest step!!!) I leave mine overnight and cut in the AM. SO GOOD. Worth the wait.
GLUTEN FREE PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD You really only get a few chances per year to make your favorite pumpkin recipes, or experiment with new ones! This one is going to be a year-round craving, though. It is ~MOIST~, chocolate-y, and the best part? Not that bad...
GLUTEN FREE PALEO CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD Paleo. Banana Bread. When you have ripe bananas lying around (or you avoid eating bananas all week in order to have ripe bananas) this is the recipe to use them for. If you’re like me and you’re still trying to keep your...