Protein + Nitro Smoothie
This is an easy, delicious smoothie. I like to make it in the morning. It has caffeine, protein and vegetables. What more could you want to start your day? I’ve learned that having a vegetable and protein rich breakfast keeps my energy up well past what a fruit and carb-y breakfast would. Go figure, pancakes!
I especially wanted to share this recipe because it can easily be modified. The Nitro can be swapped out for any cold brew, the milk choice is totally up to you (though cashew milk does give it some thickness), the protein is whatever you prefer, and same goes for the almond butter. See?! So versatile.
- 1 1/4 Cup Nitro Coffee
- 1/2 Cup Cashew Milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 Tbsp Protein of choice (for this recipe I usually use Garden of Life Chocolate Cacao)
- 1 Cup Frozen Cauliflower (previously steamed)
- 1-3 ice cubes
- 1 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- Dash of Cinnamon
1) Add Nitro + Cashew Milk to a high-speed blender, then add the Protein powders.*
2) Next, add the cinnamon, almond butter, chia seeds then cauliflower florets, plus the optional ice cubes. Blend.
3) Pour and enjoy at home or on-the-go!
*Tip: Reversing this step will most likely cause your protein to clump against the edges of your blender
R I T U A L S | Y O G A | F O O D